Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Saif Ali Khan will lead in Judwaa 2


Salman Khan may have set the cash registers ringing with his performance in Judwaa (1997). But the sequel to the comedy movie will see Saif Ali Khan in the lead role. Director Sajid Khan and producer Sajid Nadiadwala plan to start Judwaa 2 in January-February next year.

“I’ll start Judwaa 2 with Saif after wrapping up my next film starring Ajay Devgn,” confirms the director.

He adds, “Saif and I have known each other for a long time. Actually, we first thought of working together around a year back, but things couldn’t be put together. Now, I am looking forward to teaming up with him. Plus, Nadiad (Sajid Nadiadwala) is like my elder brother.”

The original film, directed by David Dhawan, had Salman play a double role, that of estranged twins Raja and Prem. For their 2013 project, Khan mentions that they plan to hire technical experts from Hollywood to play up the duplicity.

“With the help of technology, both the characters will eat, run, turn around and fight in a very realistic manner,” says the Housefull 2 director, who insists that Judwaa 2 is not exactly a sequel.

Writer duo Sajid-Farhad, who have worked on Golmaal and Housefull 2, will begin work on the screenplay along with Sajid Khan in about four months. “So, all other details including casting are far from being finalised. At this point, my time is divided between Housefull 2’s post-production work and the story-screenplay of Ajay’s film,” informs Sajid Khan.

The filmmaker adds that the second edition of the multi-starrer 2010 comedy required more effort than part one.

“This time, I had 21 main actors and 600 junior artistes in the climax. I was going completely crazy. Mithun Chakraborty could see it, so he took me aside and asked me to take it easy,” he reminisces.

source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Saif-replaces-Salman-Khan-in-Judwaa-2/Article1-794496.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment