Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

John is like an elder brother - Ayushman


Ayushmann Khurrana, who has dabbled in Theatre, worked as Radio Jockey, catapulted to fame when he won the second season of MTV Roadies. Post that he turned a popular anchor and hosted numerous TV shows. Now the charming dude is all set to make his big film debut with Vicky Donor, made under John Abraham's home banner.

Ayushmann says, "I always wanted to be an actor. Acting is my passion. Right from my college days I have been active in Theatres. Doing Roadies gave me a good platform and exposure to face the camera."

Ayushmann also spots the difference between TV, Theatre and films. "There is lot of difference between the three mediums. Theatres are larger than life and exaggerates your projection. While anchoring on TV is like talking to the camera, acting is like ignoring the camera. I had to unlearn lot of stuff so as to adjust myself with films."

Though Ayushmann has done various TV shows, on film front he is quite choosy. Says he, "For Films one has to be choosy. And taking up Vicky Donor was basically due to its youth appeal. Director Soojit Sircar knows how to connect with the audiences and Vicky Donor is a massy film."

Vicky Donor is John Abraham's debut film as producer. Ask Ayushmann doing Vicky Donor was predominantly because John's name was attached to it and he says, "I am not a star kid or an established actor to reject a good project. Obviously if a good subject comes my way I will select it. Having said that, when a star's name is attached the promotion of the film becomes easy. It's easy to get audience for the film."

Ayushmann further talks about his bonding with actor-turned-producer John Abraham. "More than a producer he was like an elder brother to me. He treated me like a buddy and kept guiding me on several things like how to project myself in media, how much and when to speak as I am quite verbal," says the newbie.

Also starring debutante Yammi Gupta, Vicky Donor releases on 20th April 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment