Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

In the Memory of The Great Singer Jagjit Singh Ji


I remember the days of my childhood when i listened to some ghazals Hosh walon ko khabar kya, Pyar Ka Pehla Khat, Koi Fariyad, Ek Pyar Ka Nagma Hai etc. I loved that ghazals, I remember my fondness to the ghazal Hotho Se Choo Lo Tum. I was in 10th standard and was in so much love with this ghazal that i ran like Shatabdi Express to the Computer lab so that i can listen this song which me and my two friends had saved in a computer secretly. We listened this ghazal continusely in half an hour lab daily. We were just crazy for this ghazal.

After passing out my 10th i got admission in college for Diploma in Computer Engg. Two years were gone in Diploma and i was about to just forgot the taste & fragrance of those beautiful ghazals, when a person whom i met for my final major project, introduced me to some of the old poetries by renowned old poets & some very beautiful ghazals of Jagjit Singh Ji. This event was a sweet accident in my life which changed me a lot and made me just a big fan of Poetry, Ghazals & Jagjit Ji. Day or night i always found time for his ghazals. With every ghazal i started falling in love with his voice. I was always thinking & thinking about the meaning of those ghazals & how they really mean to our life. With the passage of time my craziness was increasing.

Now it was the time when my heart said "I Want to meet Jagjit Ji, and sit in his feet & talk to him. I wanted to attend his concerts but was not able to afford for it. But my heart always said that one day will come when he will meet. I was waiting for that day. When i heard the news of Jagjit Ji suffering 'Brain hemmorahge'. Suddenly i google the disease to find out what is it actually and found many people who just ended there life because of this. But don't know why i was confident that he'll be good. Same thing happened i heard the news that his surgery is successful & condition is in control now. I relieved and thanked god but yesterday night i met one of my friend who told me that he is not at all well and is in comma. I was shocked again but knew that he'll be alright. But today when i heard the news that he has left us, i was not able to believe it. I was in college at that time and was not able to make me strong enough to tolerate this. Somehow i manged to be happy for them but wanted to go home and cry for a while. While coming home i consoled myself and made my heart strong. But soon i reached home and started lunch, i played news channel where i saw celebs mourning for him. I was not able to control myself left the lunch,went into my room and started crying. I am listening to his ghazals which are Close To His Heart can't believe he has passed away leaving all us behind.

I don't know him as a person but whatever i have listened about him was great. I have seen my friend's pics with him and was amazed to see that the pics were just like that they are standing with there father. I mean so much humbleness can only be in a person like Jagjit Ji. He was truly a Gem. All i want to say is that he was a legend & with his death an era has come to end but no way he'll die. He will always be in the hearts of his fans & lovers. You will never be forget Jagjit Singh Ji. We'll Miss U. RIP.

1 comment:

  1. Jagjit Chitra Ghazal Manch invite all ghazal lovers to attend the programme to pay SAJDA to the legendary Jagjit Singh .

    Date : 21st Oct 2011
    Time : 7pm
    Venue : Scientific Society Auditorium
    8 - Rasta square , Laxmi Nagar
    Nagpur

    ReplyDelete